Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Breakfast Time.

I mentioned earlier that I had been messing around with a pancake recipe, so here it is!

1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup buckwheat flour
1/4 cup corn flour
1 cup liquid
1 tbs whey
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 egg
2 tbs cooking oil

combine the flour, liquid and whey, mixing until smooth.  Cover and let sit overnight.  In the morning add the remaining ingredients, mixing well.

I recently discovered the awesomeness that is a ketchup bottle for dispensing pancake/waffle batter.  It makes for a mess free morning, and a more uniform batch of pancakes.  Not to mention the ease of storing any leftover batter you might have.
I use one of those upside-down bottles because they require squeezing.  I've never tried using a regular ketchup bottle, but I feel like it might be a bit messier on account of having to flip it over to get the batter out.

Next project: dye-free frosting colors!

No comments:

Post a Comment