Friday, November 25, 2011

Tapping Into Inner-Femininity

Normally I don't participate in the madness that is Black Friday (why is it even called that?) because why should I get up at three in the morning to go throw my money in a bonfire?  This year the counter to this question was fabric.  I'm going to add chiffon to the wedding dress I bought so I thought I'd go to Jo-Anns and see what they had.  It was only dumb luck that I got the dress the week before Black Friday, and extremely dumb luck that I even remembered it was Black Friday.
The trip to Jo-Anns was a success.  I ended up with five yards of chiffon, four yards of lining for a swing dress I'm sewing, ink pads for stamps to do stationary for the wedding, and the last of my bridesmaid gifts.

After Jo-Anns my friend and I went to PetCo, then Best Buy, and finally DSW.
PetCo and Best Buy aren't really of note, nothing exciting was purchased at either, really.

DSW, however, was another story.  I found a pair of adorable heels, some cute flats, and awesome boots.  But the highlight I think was the epic pair of knee-high striped socks I found.  $135 and some change later I came up with the realization that I need to tap into my more feminine side.  Wear nice footwear more often.

This is sort of a humorous realization if you know me; I wear skirts all the time, I love dresses and dressing up, if I had the money I would most definitely have an enormous collection of lotion, I absolutely love to bake and cook and do homey things that women are 'supposed' to do.
To contrast this there is the fact that I don't wear makeup, or heels (best pair of shoes in my honest opinion is the Vibram Five-Fingers) or girly flats for that matter.

But, walking around in adorable heels today made me happy, oddly enough.  I got a little giddy about it.
So there you have it.  I'm going to be more of a girly-girl.

And, man, is it going to be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment