Wednesday, November 9, 2011

So We Meet Again

Well hello.

It is curious that I find myself blogging once again.  My previous blogs are lost to my own forgetfulness.  I once had a LiveJournal and I'm fairly certain one on here as well, but I cannot seem to think what the names of them were, let alone the passwords.  So here I am.
I say it is curious that I am returned to blogging for the simple reason that I find blogging sometimes to be a little silly.  If you need to write something, acquire a journal or notebook and write with pen and ink.  Why publish it?
It would seem that I have had a change of heart.  I do feel a bit silly typing this, but I also feel that this might very well be a good outlet for me.

I have decided to blog about my conversion to Catholicism (among other, more light-hearted topics).  The questions it has raised and the questions it has answered.
No.  I am not here to preach. I find preaching to be rather droll to be honest.  I've simply decided to share my journey with you, for the prevailing reason that it has resonated in me in a way that nothing in my life has.
I am not here to try to convert you, either.  That would be silly and quite presumptuous.

If I were to say what the point of this blog is, I would say that it was to share my joy with you.  Joy is such an emotion that one who finds it feels the immense need to share it (at least in my case) and so here I am, trying to share.

I do hope I succeed.

I would write a more thorough introduction, but I'm to be up for work at five tomorrow morning and I've not gotten ready for bed at all.  So, I hope this is at least somewhat adequate.
Toodles!  And I hope to see you again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment